Automate your Lead Acid Battery Production Line!
Measure strips or plates without stopping your line. Stop wedging as it happens. Decrease active material waste. Reduce standard deviation. Protect staff from lead exposure. Mate Gauge's team of integration engineers can add automation to practically any new or existing lead acid battery production line.
Automate your production line and start building better batteries!
Measure with Accuracy
Laser-based, non-contact measurement allows for high-speed, ultra-accurate sampling across the plate or strip - even in the toughest environments!
Measuring active material enables you to monitor the amount of paste you use and immediately make changes further up the line to return you to spec.
Get Rich Data
From mean thickness and width to rugosity - know it all, all the time, with real-time display, historical reporting and integrated, shared databases.
Our Inline, Non-Contact, Laser Thickness Gauges
We’re experts at customization. If you don’t see what you’re looking for in this list, reach out to us. We’ll work with you to determine the best solution to your specific application and then provide solutions to integrate our product into your existing system.
MG3 - Our flagship inline gauge
- Cross-sectional, continuous thickness measurement
Perfect for rolled lead strip and pasting lines
- Dirt and temperature fluctuation tolerance
- Real-time notifications of deviation from spec, eliminating operator error
MG1 - Compact, lightweight inline gauge
- Easy to set up and maintain
- Compact, lightweight inline gauge for rolling lines
- An affordable solution for small to mid-sized facilities with limited floor space
MGO - Solves width stroke applications, preserves floor space
- Mounts seamlessly onto your line
- Perfect for wide format sheets
- Up to 80 inches of stroke length
MG-CLS - Custom-built for cast lead strip lines
- Closed loop control of the slitter speed
- Continuous measurement throughout the coil
- Real-time thickness measurement
MG Edge - Powerful features, compact design
- Perfect for rolling lines
- Compact design that fits into the smallest factory lines
- High-resolution sensor ensures you get every detail
MGS - Our largest gauge, leaves no area out of reach
- Designed for large facilities with real-time monitoring needs
- Up to 72 inches of stroke length
CASE STUDY: Solving thickness measurement challenges on continuous casting lines with Mate Gauge
"The MG-CLS with closed loop operation simulates a near-perfect operator taking frequent high-accuracy measurements and making the exact required adjustments to casting speed to lock the strip thickness as closely as possible to the target."
Improve the Production of Flat Goods
Manufacturing lines that depend on accurate thickness, variation and texture will see massive process improvements by integrating with Mate Gauge. Manufacturers of flat goods (for example, plywood, flooring or other forestry products, rolled steel and other metals, plastic production, experimental films, sheets and materials, and consumer goods) are ideal candidates for a Mate Gauge solution.
Steel Manufacture Thickness Measurement
Immediately detect when your steel goes from off-gauge to on-gauge material.
No more guessing or stopping for manual measurements. With our touchscreen display, you always know when your head or tail end needs to be cut.
Forestry and Consumer Product Thickness Measurement
Precise and continuous measurement solutions for sanding, planning, and finishing lines.
Our non-contact laser gauge solutions measure the thickness throughout the length of your boards or sheets, reducing waste and ensuring a high quality, consistent product.
Lithium-Ion Battery Production
Never stop your line to measure.
Mate Gauge delivers the high-accuracy measurements required by ultra-thin films.
Protect your foil from bend damage caused by micrometers and ensure reliable results from start to finish.
Do you have a thickness measurement challenge?
We're here for our customers throughout the entire process - from initial proof of concept to post-commissioning support.
It all begins with a conversation.
- Tell us about your production and thickness measurement challenges.
- Once we know more about you, we'll walk you through potential solutions.
- We can also discuss sending you samples or setting up a demo test.