Cutting it Close
Using a Mate Gauge, you can detect immediately when your steel goes from on gauge to off gauge - and catch it immediately.
No more eyeballing or stopping for manual measurements. With our touchscreen display, you can tell immediately when your head or tail end needs to be cut.
3 ways Mate Gauge's technology can integrate and substantially improve your metals production lines.
Replace calipers and other measurement tools with a near-process, high-speed, benchtop laser gauge.
Improve What You Have
Add a Mate Gauge (like the MGS) directly onto your production line and measure your rolls coming down the line.
Automate Your Lines
Connect your MGS directly to your rolling or trimming machines to control thickness with closed-loop control.
Our Products for Steel and Metals
Our offline measurement gauge for pasting lines.
Our smallest benchtop
Laser thickness measurement that's ready to go out of the box
Flexible design that's equally at home in the testing lab and the factory floor
Our largest gauge, leaving no area out of reach.
- Up to 72 inches of stroke length
- A solution designed for large facilities with real time monitoring needs
Powerful features, compact design.
- Perfect for rolling lines
- Compact design that fits into the smallest factory lines
- High-resolution sensor ensures you get every detail
Non-contact thickness gauges consistently outperform manual measurement tools!
Manual thickness measurement tools, such as calipers and micrometers, are widely used primarily due to their low cost and familiarity.
However, more and more companies are turning to modern laser gauging techniques as a proven way to increase the efficiency and quality of their processes and products.
Ditch your hand-held gauge!
Do you have a thickness measurement challenge?
We're here for our customers throughout the entire process - from initial proof of concept to post-commissioning support.
It all begins with a conversation.
- Tell us about your production and thickness measurement challenges.
- Once we know more about you, we'll walk you through potential solutions.
- We can also discuss sending you samples or setting up a demo test.